Create a PDF
Create a PDF from any application
Adobe InDesign Plug-InAlready using Adobe InDesign? Download our plugin to easily create Blurb-ready books.
Everyday ApplicationsIf you use Word, Google Docs, Pages, or OpenOffice your PDF is but a few clicks away.
Formats for any kind of project
Review PDF Settings
- Create the cover last after your final page count is known
- Use the correct dimensions for files
- Files must have an even number of pages
- Design your book with a single page on the right, followed by two-page spreads, and ending with a single page on the left
- Page counts for 5x8 and 6x9 books must be divisible by six
- Use only 100% black ink for text
- Do not use spot or registration color
- For advanced users, fine tune colors with our ICC profile
- Rasterize overly complex vectors (e.g. Illustrator or CAD art)
- For full-bleed printing, stretch images to the page's edge
Review your PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the best way to check your exported PDF. It is the most accurate proof of how your book will look in print. Online, low-resolution previews (such as our book preview) are not as precise of a proof for inspecting you PDF prior to upload. Download it for free and make sure your Adobe Reader settings match the below.
Preferences Settings1. Open the Preferences:Go to Page Display and ensure the following:
- Use local fonts is not checked
- Use Overprint Preview is set to Always
- Show art, trim, & bleed boxes is selected
2. Go to Units:
- In Page Units, select Points
- Click OK to save your settings
3. In the menu, go to View -> Page Display:
- Select Two Page View and Show Cover Page in Two Page Spread
Please note: Your book should start with a single page, followed by two-page spreads, and end with a single page.
Preview TipsOpen your exported PDF files to see how your book will print.
Check for the following:
- Your cover is a single page document
- Look for any missing or reflowed text
- No Registration or Trim marks
- The Trim and Bleed boxes should be visible so that you can see what will be trimmed off when the book is finished.
- Check that elements are overprinting or knocking out as expected.
Upload a PDF